Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Air Castles is now a top

 Good day and welcome to my blog.  

When I last posted, I was playing around with some Air Castle blocks.  This was part of a challenge from a mailing list I am on.  I decided I really liked the feedsack fabrics with off-white, and continued making blocks.  Until I ran very low on different feedsack fabrics.  I have stopped at the size of  4 blocks by 5 blocks.  Each block finishes at 9 inches square, and the sashing and border is 3 inches wide, so a size of about 51 by 63 inches:


1930's and 1940's fabrics look better I think with a bit of off white fabric around them.  A close-up:


These vintage fabrics and feedsacks were acquired from antique fairs, antique malls, and ebay.  The final quilt will be a lap quilt or throw.  Still thinking about whether I will quilt this myself on my trusty Kenmore or send out to a long arm quilter.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

For the love of geese said...

This is so pretty, I love the softness.

Anne-Marie said...

Great blocks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gosh those are so pretty!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This has so much vintage charm. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lovely! The vintage fabrics are delightful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails