Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Double 4 patch is a top now

 Hello and welcome to my blog!

I have been very busy at my day job so I haven't gotten into my quilting space until this past weekend.  I concentrated my time on getting my double 4 patch project to a finished top.  I blogged about the beginnings of this project in August of this year.

Having purchased new fabric for the borders, we have a top:


I used this border fabric in a previous quilt and liked it so much I bought more.  It's from the Hickory Road line if I remember correctly.  Size: about 70 by 90 inches.

A view of one corner:


This is a good block to used up scraps or stash.  Each white square finishes at 1.5 inches.  The finished block is 6 inches square.  Now it is off to the long arm quilter that I patronize - she does wonderful work.  No home for this one, yet.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

10 comments:

Nann said...

Nice! Did you pair the fabric before you made the blocks, or did you make sets of square + twosies and then decided which two prints you'd put in each block?

viridian said...

Nann: You do have to plan ahead to make the twosies. I pulled out two fabrics that looked good together and laid them out with the off white fabric. Sewed them together carefully!

Vicki in MN said...

What a beautiful scrap quilt!

Heide said...

What a great finish!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the super scrappy quilt. Wonderful finish!

KatieQ said...

This is a beauty. The white makes all of the scraps play nicely together. I love the look of the white squares "moving" diagonally across the quilt.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

beautiful colors!! and that border just brings it all together - very nice!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is beautiful! It's always so interesting to see how fabric and color placement change the look of a quilt. I'm working on a double 4 patch with a constant background color and scraps in the 4 patches, and it's completely different!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Congratulations on your top! Double 4 patch is one of my favorite patterns, and you have done a wonderful job selecting and pairing scraps. It just looks so warm and inviting.

For the love of geese said...

Nice finish. I love the fact that you used a different shade for the border as it does not distract with the design. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails