Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The New start is done!

Feeling sad as my Aunt Helen passed away this week.

The new start I described in a previous post is now done.


The pattern is called Arkansas crossroads.  As you can see I added a thin white inner border, a wider peach border (30's reproduction fabric), and bound it with the same fabric.  I was able to use up some left over backing fabric from a previous quilt - just a bit of piecing to make it wide enough.  Batting was from a craft bat I found at a thrift store (still packaged).  This little quilt is now 32 by 44 inches, an odd size.  I don't have any current plans for it.  But a UFO is prevented!

Linking up with Let's Bee Social, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Busy Hands quilts.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

chrisknits said...

Sorry for your family's loss. The small quilt is precious.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on avoiding a UFO with your newly completed quilt. My condolences on your aunt's passing.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the soft colors and congratulations on the lovely finish,

Related Posts with Thumbnails