Thursday, October 26, 2023

Why I still don't have a finish

Short version: Flood in the basement due to a busted water heater!  The water heater was in an unfinished room in the basement, but the water seeped under the walls into the finished part of the basement, both the family room and hobby room, which contains my sewing area.  The sewing area now looks like:


On lower left:  Pile of basement items taking up space I use to lay out blocks and projects.  Middle: Piles of completed quilts, and some tops.  Table:  My sewing machine, back up machine, and things whisked off the floor before water could spread. Upper right: Brown bookcase blocking access to sewing table and ironing board.

It's been like this for 2 weeks, and likely to be this way for at least two more weeks.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

11 comments:

chrisknits said...

Oh no!! Our water heater started leaking and thankfully we caught it before it flooded from the upstairs! The think I hate about this house. They don't put water heaters in the garage like our other houses did. And instead of finding a place for It on the first floor they put it on the 2nd.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh no!!! That is not the reason I wanted to hear - I prefer you be skiing the lakes or sailing the ocean.. not having the water in your room - so sorry!!!

Robin said...

So sorry you have to go through this. I hope you didn't loose too much to water damage. Water heaters should come with an alarm that sounds when it fails.

karenbbsnow said...

So sad you are going through water issues. I've been there and it's terrible.

JustGail said...

Oh No! What a mess to deal with. I hope all dries out quickly and you haven't lost much to the water. It can be nasty how it gets to where you don't think it would.

Deb said...

I had that also about 5 years ago. The water just wicks thru and floods the
other rooms! Everything touching the floor was in a bin tho so nothing was lots except stitching time. Hope it all gets back together soon!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

How awful! Water finds its way to every able nook and cranny! I hope you are able to return to "normal" sooner than two weeks!

maggie fellow said...

too bad about the water and the sewing room - mine looks like that and I don't have a good excuse:)

Nann said...

Yikes! Water gets soaked up everywhere -- I know from experience with a sump pump failure. Hope the insurance will pay off. On the bright side: you'll have to go through all the quilting stuff and think of what you'll rediscover.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear. Nothing more stressful than getting your sewing stuff wet! I hope your quilts and tops are all right. Sorry the process of cleaning up has been so slow. Prayers for a quicker recovery than you're expecting. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss--sharing the load will hopefully make this better for you.

For the love of geese said...

So sorry to hear your are going through this. Hoping you can salvage everything! Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down!

Related Posts with Thumbnails