Wednesday, June 14, 2023

A finish: Flower Garden quilt

 Hello, and welcome to my blog!  It's been raining in the American Midwest but today we will be slowly drying out.

I have a finish to report.  I started this project in August of 2022 and blogged about it in this post.

Well its time has come.  It was sent out to a local long armer and came back recently.


This pattern is called Flower Garden from the book Scrap Therapy: Scraps Plus One, by Joan Ford, which I found in my local library.  The colorful scraps here are all feedsack fabrics, or vintage fabrics from the 1930's and 40's.  If they have been stored properly, older fabrics are still sturdy and can be used in today's projects.  I have picked up these fabrics at antique fairs or ebay.

A closer look:


I machine stitched the binding to the back, folded it over, and top stitched the binding down, which needs a steady hand and your full attention, as noted previously.


A close up of some pretty feedsacks.  It finished at 58 by 72.5 inches, and is now on my bed.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

What a wonderful quilt and all done with feedsacks, amazing!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What a pretty quilt! Love those vintage fabrics. So lovely. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/147/wednesday-wait-loss-332

Helenchaffin said...

luv your quilt ! beautiful printed blocks

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I'm impressed you were able to collect so many feed sack fabrics. They are perfect for this quilt. A true treasure.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful pattern to display you feedsack collection! I'm glad it is on your bed and ready for use! I loved the variety of all the fabrics. Companies definitely had something going when they made the printed feedbacks!

Kim said...

I LoVe your beautiful quilt! It is a vision in scrappy gorgeousness! Such a fabulous pattern and with all your feedsack fabrics dancing everywhere, it is truly a vision splendid. Such a wonderful way to use one's fabric stash. A truly beautiful finish.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it is gorgeous!!! I just love all those colors together

mangozz said...

Such a gorgeous collection of Feedsacks! You chose a good pattern to showcase the prints.

Related Posts with Thumbnails