Thursday, April 27, 2023

Update on two finishes

 Hello and welcome to my blog!  It's a nice Spring day in the American Midwest.

I have two finishes to report.  First, a doll quilt for the exchange run by Lori at Humble Quilts.  12 by 18 inches, machine quilted, hand bound.  Yes the flying geese are 3 by 1.5 inches.


And a close up:


You can see I had fun collecting reproduction reds and shirting fabrics.

My second finish is of a columns quilt, in black and white, and reproduction 30's fabrics.  It was quilted by a local long arm quilter.  An overall view:


More on this project at this blog post.  I added the binding by machining it on to the back, ironing it over, then topstitching on the top.  This needs a steady hand and your full attention!  A close up of a corner below:


It goes quite fast.  I am happy to have these done.  The exchange doll quilt is in the mail today.  The second quilt I am saving until the right recipient comes along.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The doll quilt is really cute. I love the 2nd quilt, those black & white blocks really add some contrast to the colored fabrics, very pretty. Happy stitching!

Chantal said...

I love both of your projects. Lucky is the lady who gets that adorable doll quilt. Congrats! ;^)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Both quilts are wonderful, congrats on getting them finished. That's how I machine bind my quilts, too. Fast, simple, sturdy, and neat. And I love all those light repro prints!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on those two beautiful quilt finishes!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Two beautiful finishes! The doll quilt is precious! All those red shirtings. . .what a wonderful collection!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

A double finish!!! I love them both!!
Flying geese are becoming one of my favorite blocks - I like how yours turned out!! so sweet!!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Two pretty finishes! I especially love the columns quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

Related Posts with Thumbnails