Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Tuesday quilt blocks Feb. 12

Busy busy busy in my day job, and trying to find time to sew.  I did over the weekend, and made a set of Crayon Box blocks, from the free pattern section of Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog. I am using gray centers, and older stash, including Jinny Beyer "too good to use" fabric.  Well it's been over 20 years, I can use it now!
I laid the blocks on the floor to see how they look together.  Not sewn together yet.


A bit more of a mish mash than I expected - I hope the gray blocks are a repeating design element and give the eye a place to rest.  We'll see when the blocks are sewn together and the gray border is on.  Maybe take off some of the palest white fabric pieces????

Linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Let's Bee Social, Silly Mama quilts, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Busy Hands quilts.

Viridian

4 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

The blocks look good and the gray border is a great idea!

Brooke said...

what a great quilt!
thanks so much for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love this mish-mash of colour! And so good to be using older -but treasured-fabrics up.

PaulaB quilts said...

In the photo the gray doesn’t seem to be very different from the white, probably because of the lighting situation. You really have a nice mix of fabrics dark to lights and colors. The gray will be a great finish to it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails