Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tuesday quilt project - small quilt top

Good day, and maybe Spring is finally here!

Here is a small quilt top I finished last week.  It is entirely made of feedsack squares, 3 inches (finishing at 2.5 inches).  I sewed the squares into random nine patches, and thought about setting them with alternate white squares.  It would have made a good-sized throw.  But no, I decided to set them together like this:


Some of those feedsacks are ugly, some are pretty, but it all comes together.  All old fabric, even the border.  I'll have fun quilting this square top later - other projects are calling me.


I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian
Pin It

5 comments:

Denise @fortheloveofgeese said...

Beautiful. This makes me think of my grandmothers quilt that I used at my fathers house. So heavy and warm. Alternating white patches would not have done this quilt justice.

Marcy said...

Ugly fabric comes to life when mixed with others. Nice, nice quilt!

Brooke said...

such a great quilt!

thanks so much for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

Jayne Honnold said...

Love it! I’ve got s little stash of feedsack fabric I hope to use this calendar year.

Nancy said...

This is such a fun quilt. I love the fact that you used feedsack fabric.

Related Posts with Thumbnails