Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday Quilt Block May 26

Busy busy busy!!! I've skipped a week but I have new star quilt blocks to share.

First up: California gold.  As Barbara Brackman describes this, this fabric style was chrome orange or yellow designs on a white background.  My first star fits this perfectly.


The fabric is from the "Dear Jane" line of a few years ago and is a printed gingham.  The next star is from a Paula Barnes fabric.


Last week, Barbara discussed serpentine striped fabric - a favorite of mine too.  Very popular for clothing before the Civil War, apparently.  My first star is from the "Circa 1825" fabric line:


And the next one is of fabric I've had in my stash for awhile.


I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Quilt Story as I do most weeks I have blocks to share. Both blog hops have pictures of pretty quilt blocks and other projects. I am also joining Work in Progress Wednesday - some colorful and interesting projects there!

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

viridian

      Pin It

2 comments:

Lara B. said...

You put together your star blocks with really gorgeous fabrics Viridian! Wonderful work!

Debra said...

Nice stars! Love your serpentine fabrics. Good to see other quilters who are also doing the weekly star blocks! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails