Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I is for invention, initiative

Last night I was watching a wonderful TV show on our local Public Television station, called the History of Science. (It turns out this is a repeat of a program from last year).

Now for some people this could bring back bad memories of college classes long ago but keep in mind I am a scientist. The show was really well-done and I was loving it! The show covered the development of the concept of energy and thermodynamics through the 1700's to the modern day. So from early steam engines to atomic power.

I was struck by how Inventive and Inquisitive some early scientists and practical men were.  And the Initiative shown by the inventors and the theorists who followed them.  Yes, mostly male scientists were involved - but Marie Curie and radium were discussed also. It was a great way to spend a Tuesday evening.

Viridian

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails