Good day, and welcome to my blog.
I am on a business trip, but I do have my computer with me and can blog about my recent finish.
Earlier this year I started a Broken Dishes project, in 1800's reproduction fabrics. This is an easy enough pattern, but when the blocks are set together, there are a lot of points meeting, so I would NOT recommend it to a beginner.
I wrote in my post then that I was going to quilt it myself on my trusty old Kenmore. Well, instead I sent it out to the long arm quilter that I use, and it came back some weeks ago. It's time to finish it. I trimmed it and bound it in the same fabric as I used for the border. A look at the finished quilt:
And a closeup photo:
I had to dig in my thread drawers to find a dark brown to do the top stitching on the front of the quilt. (I machine the binding to the back, fold over, and carefully machine top stitch on the front.) I found an old spool of cotton covered polyester thread made by Talon America (or American) - remember them? Note the price:
I hope it is still strong after all these years!
Linking up with Monday Musings, Sew and Tell at Melva Loves Scraps, Design Wall Monday, Wednesday Wait Loss, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Nina-Marie, Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, From Bolt to Beauty, I Quilted This! at Quilting and Learning, Frederique at Quilting, Patchwork, Applique, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.
I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl
Viridian



That is really pretty. I call it multi tasking but sending your quilt to the LA'er - and!! You get to finish it faster. Hope you trip is fun
ReplyDelete