Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Hamilton Gardens Quilt Finish

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.

In 2025 at the start of my retirement I started on the pattern Hamilton Gardens by Bonnie Hunter.  Blocks are sewn together and set on point for a dynamic look.  She gave instructions for filling in the triangles around the edges that come with such a setting.  But I used plain setting triangles, as you will see below.

Start of the project is described in this blog post.

Progress on blocks is described in this blog post.

The start on assembly is described in this blog post.

Today I report that the top has been quilted by my local long armer quilter, and it is bound.

And a closer look:


Every so often, the reproduction fabric squares will contain the image of a flower, a girl, or a train.

On to the next project!

Linking up with Monday Musings, Sew and Tell at Melva Loves Scraps, Design Wall Monday, Wednesday Wait Loss, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Nina-Marie, Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, From Bolt to Beauty, I Quilted This! at Quilting and Learning, Frederique at Quilting, Patchwork, Applique, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

16 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

It's a beauty with all those little scraps! Congrats on the finish.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Perfect pattern for those sweet 30s reproductions. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/07/15/wednesday-wait-loss-493

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a Beauty!!! and A GREAT way to start off retirement ;-)

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Beautiful. I think your simple setting triangles show off the blocks

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Viridian, what a lovely finish. Quilting always adds so much to a quilt. Enjoy it and good luck with your next project. Thanks for linking up to I Quilted This!

Snowcatcher said...

What a wonderful finish! This turned out so well! Great pattern, and perfect fabrics.

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a great scrappy quilt with so many surprises when you look closely! Happy retirement!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful finish! I enjoyed viewing all the scrappiness!

CathieJ said...

Oh my, I love this quilt. The fabrics you uses are wonderful.

Chantal said...

Congrats on this glorious finish. The 30s prints are always peaceful fabric and this quilt pattern is also peaceful and orderly. Together, they make a fabulous quilt. Bravo! ;^)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Bravo, what a beautiful quilt! Enjoy having it in your bed (this winter)! Thank you for sharing your beautiful finished quilt and linking up.

PaintedThread said...

Lots of little pieces! This looks terrific.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful accomplishment. Tiny scrappy pieces take a lot of time. Yours looks great. Did you use all 30s prints or did you mix in other fabric that had the feel of the 30s?

Rebecca Grace said...

What a pretty setting! Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Viridian!

Melva said...

It's beautiful! I like how delicate it looks with the chains running the length of the quilt. <3 Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I saw your quilt on Jennifer's site and had to come look. No way did I did think this was a Bonnie pattern - love it - now I have an idea for using my box of 1.5" squares - putting you on my blog list

Related Posts with Thumbnails